Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Obamaland

I started to title my post "Obamanation," but of course somebody more clever than I came up with that, and it would be such obvious plagiarism that it would ruin the great credibility I've established already. Plus it might be a copyright infringement. I'm not sure, and it doesn't really matter. I'd have to cough up treble damages. Three times zero is still zero

Anyways, although I'm disgusted with Obama, anyone who stumbles upon this blog is too. No point in dwelling on that, huh?

I'm disgusted with the American public, who swallow wholesale empty sophisms about "hope" and "change." No point in dwelling on that, either. Whatever general notions of virtue, sobriety, and whatnot once characterized the American public back in our agrarian days (or are mythologized as part of our American civic psyche) we couldn't expect more from the TV-addled, denatured populace that votes under the new sufferage of the illiterates now.

I'm disgusted with the so-called conservative "talking heads" like Laura Ingram (Ingraham?) who talk about how we need to restore and rebuild the conservative movement and at the same time adulate the Bushie neocons who brought us to this point on the road to serfdom where Obama can so easily read us the rest of the way.

I'm disgusted with the blue-collar yahoos who are so drunk with jingoist patriotism that they sent their sons to be cannon-fodder in the military and abetted our empire-building over the last century, and continue to do so now.

I'm disgusted with the half-educated academics and the white-collar-and-tie professional crowd that never connected the lunacy we're experiencing now with the lunacy of the 1920s and 1930s, and showed the world that the same old solutions that failed then are simply being recycled now.

I'm disgusted with the evangelicals who are so caught up on the myths of our supposedly-God-fearing American heritage that they can't see the secular protestant seeds of distruction were planted in the Eighteenth Century.

I'm disguested with the proponents of Zionism (in particular, the Christian proponents) who've put the existence of the State of Israel ahead of the interests of our own country, and ahead of the interests of those who called Palestine their home prior to 1948.

And I'm convinced that, as a people, the United States have gotten exactly the President we deserve. And as individuals, so have a massive majority of the citizens of the several states--a majority that extends not just to those who voted for Obama, but also those who supported and voted for John McCain, Rudy Guiliani, etc.

And I'm convinced that the Catholic Bishops, as a body, got exactly the President they wanted.

Remember, though, that the revolution eats its children.

Unfortunately, it's gonna probably eat the rest of us, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just dropping by to say hi